Narendra Modi can say whatever he feels like, I believe in language of love: Rahul Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Hitting back at the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi for his `Dhoom` remark, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said he does not want to speak the kind of language that the Gujarat chief minster uses.
“I don`t want to comment on the kind of language Modi is using. My language is the language of love and compassion. He can say whatever he feels like," Rahul said.
Taking a jibe at Rahul for mentioning `Dhoom` movie for attacking the BJP in his speech during a rally, Modi said today during an election rally in Barmer, Rajasthan, that the Congress vice president remembered the Abhishek Bachchan-John Abraham starrer "because of a motorcycle ride he had with a history-sheeter after Gopalgarh firing incident in 2009."
"Shehzade remembered Dhoom film because of a ride on a stolen motorcycle with a history sheeter in Rajasthan`s Gopalgarh. He kept the then chief minister Ashok Gehlot in the dark and reached Gopalgarh where he rode pillion on a motorcycle, which was a stolen bike, with a historysheeter."
“In Dhoom-3 (starring Abhishek and Aamir Khan), father-son duo do all the things and in the country, mother and son (Sonia and Rahul) play games. The country has seen two Dhooms but Dhoom-3 sequel (of mother and son) is not going to happen now," Modi said.
Further, clarifying his comment on Modi`s marital status, Rahul said, “I did not get personal. I just stated that on his affidavits he had previously not mentioned something. So it`s not a personal thing.”
Yesterday, the Congress VP took a dig at the main opposition party by saying that it talks of women empowerment but refuses to talk about the Gujarat Chief Minister`s wife.
The Gandhi scion pointed out that the Gujarat BJP leader had mentioned his marital status for the first time while filing nominations for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Further attacking on the Gujarat CM over his alleged links with the Adani group in the state, saying while senior BJP leaders like LK Advani and Jaswant Singh were "thrown out", Adani was given "everything".
"Advani was thrown out-- Jaswant Singh was thrown out (from the party) and Adani was taken in", he said addressing a rally in Doda, Jammu and Kashmir in support of party candidate Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Taking a dig at Modi`s claim of governance, Gandhi said, "According to Modi government, Adani government will run -- he is Gujarat`s big businessman. How was he given everything? They (Modi Government) work like this.”
Meanwhile, Rahul today filed his nomination papers from Amethi constituency which he has represented in Lok Sabha twice and expressed confidence about retaining it for the third straight time.
The Congress vice-president was accompanied by his mother and party president Sonia Gandhi, sister Priyanka and her husband Robert Vadra when he filed nomination papers before the returning officer in Amethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read