Narendra Modi can win by tapping young voters: CLSA
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Asia-Pacific focused brokerage CLSA has said that Narendra Modi`s best chance to win in 2014 is by tapping the young and first time voters.
But, CLSA`s Christopher Wood has also written that the big unknown is the attitude of rural voters who benefit from Congress policies, like the Food Security and other social schemes.
According to CLSA the people of India are looking for a change and want a government which can focus on growth.
It has also praised the track record of Gujarat under Modi. Citing the huge crowds that are thronging to the rally of BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the CLSA feels that the momentum is swinging towards Modi.
However, Wood has also warned that maybe Modi is peaking too early.
Earlier this month, global investment bank Goldman Sachs had suggested that Modi could win the next General Elections. Hitting back at them, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma had said such reports were inappropriate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan