Narendra Modi can`t intimidate me into silence: Jayanthi Natrajan
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Soon after Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections Narendra Modi alleged corruption in Environment Ministry while addressing his Goa rally on Sunday, former union minister of Forests and Environment Jayanthi Natrajan reacted on his remark.
In an interview to news channels, Natrajan said that Modi has targeted her because she had blocked few projects in Gujarat.
She further added that Modi can`t intimidate her into silence and that he would never become PM. She also said that the Gujarat CM cannot destroy the social fabric of the country.
While hitting out at Jayanthi in his rally today, Modi had said that no file moved in Environment Ministry without `Jayanthi tax` and had claimed corruption in the ministry.
Last year in December, Jayanthi Natarajan resigned from the Union Cabinet. Her resignation was accepted by the President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan