Narendra Modi can`t intimidate me into silence: Jayanthi Natrajan
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Soon after Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections Narendra Modi alleged corruption in Environment Ministry while addressing his Goa rally on Sunday, former union minister of Forests and Environment Jayanthi Natrajan reacted on his remark.
In an interview to news channels, Natrajan said that Modi has targeted her because she had blocked few projects in Gujarat.
She further added that Modi can`t intimidate her into silence and that he would never become PM. She also said that the Gujarat CM cannot destroy the social fabric of the country.
While hitting out at Jayanthi in his rally today, Modi had said that no file moved in Environment Ministry without `Jayanthi tax` and had claimed corruption in the ministry.
Last year in December, Jayanthi Natarajan resigned from the Union Cabinet. Her resignation was accepted by the President Pranab Mukherjee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?