Narendra Modi committed, Rahul Gandhi has no vision: Ramdev
Shirdi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Wednesday praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi but took potshots at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in the context of prime ministerial candidates.
"There is a long queue of people who want to become prime minister. Rahul Gandhi`s name is also coming up for the post of PM, but he is not mature enough and has no vision.
"In the present situation, Narendra Modi appears as a man who is committed to development and one who can prevent corruption," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is an honest man, but his tenure has been marked by several corruption scandals, Ramdev, a bitter critic of Congress, said.
He was speaking at a women`s empowerment conference here in Western Maharashtra.
He alleged in the last two years the UPA government, through its agencies, has made every effort to defame him, but has not found anything incriminating against him till now.
He said it is good that CBI is probing the disappearance of Swami Shankar Dev, his guru.
Ramdev said he is unfazed by the notices served to him and his trust by sales, income and service tax departments.
Meanwhile, talking to the media in Jalna district of Marathwada, Ramdev disapproved of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial remarks on drought and load-shedding.
Public representatives should not shun their responsibility in a grim situation like drought, he said when asked about the severe water scarcity in over a dozen districts in the state, including Jalna.
"I have adopted some drought-hit villages in Marathwada region," he said.
He defended religious guru Asaram Bapu on the issue of wasting water on Holi in the drought-hit state and criticised the media for "exaggerating" the issue.
Later, Ramdev addressed a public meeting in Ujjain Puri village, where he criticised Rahul for his `beehive` remark at a CII event last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015