Narendra Modi committed, Rahul Gandhi has no vision: Ramdev
Shirdi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Wednesday praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi but took potshots at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in the context of prime ministerial candidates.
"There is a long queue of people who want to become prime minister. Rahul Gandhi`s name is also coming up for the post of PM, but he is not mature enough and has no vision.
"In the present situation, Narendra Modi appears as a man who is committed to development and one who can prevent corruption," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is an honest man, but his tenure has been marked by several corruption scandals, Ramdev, a bitter critic of Congress, said.
He was speaking at a women`s empowerment conference here in Western Maharashtra.
He alleged in the last two years the UPA government, through its agencies, has made every effort to defame him, but has not found anything incriminating against him till now.
He said it is good that CBI is probing the disappearance of Swami Shankar Dev, his guru.
Ramdev said he is unfazed by the notices served to him and his trust by sales, income and service tax departments.
Meanwhile, talking to the media in Jalna district of Marathwada, Ramdev disapproved of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial remarks on drought and load-shedding.
Public representatives should not shun their responsibility in a grim situation like drought, he said when asked about the severe water scarcity in over a dozen districts in the state, including Jalna.
"I have adopted some drought-hit villages in Marathwada region," he said.
He defended religious guru Asaram Bapu on the issue of wasting water on Holi in the drought-hit state and criticised the media for "exaggerating" the issue.
Later, Ramdev addressed a public meeting in Ujjain Puri village, where he criticised Rahul for his `beehive` remark at a CII event last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'