Narendra Modi could be targeted by suicide bombers: SIMI activists
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is on the radar of terrorists and extremists and faces threat from suicide bombers, reports said on Tuesday.
This has been revealed by two arrested activists of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The two - Umer Siddiqui and Azhar - were arrested from Raipur by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and revealed the same during interrogation.
The duo disclosed that suicide bombers are being readied to target Modi during political rallies and that recces of his political meetings are being done regularly.
It may be noted that several low-intensity blasts had taken place at Modi’s rally in Patna recently.
Umer is reported to have played a role in both Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees