Narendra Modi could be targeted by suicide bombers: SIMI activists
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is on the radar of terrorists and extremists and faces threat from suicide bombers, reports said on Tuesday.
This has been revealed by two arrested activists of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The two - Umer Siddiqui and Azhar - were arrested from Raipur by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and revealed the same during interrogation.
The duo disclosed that suicide bombers are being readied to target Modi during political rallies and that recces of his political meetings are being done regularly.
It may be noted that several low-intensity blasts had taken place at Modi’s rally in Patna recently.
Umer is reported to have played a role in both Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur