Narendra Modi could be targeted by suicide bombers: SIMI activists
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is on the radar of terrorists and extremists and faces threat from suicide bombers, reports said on Tuesday.
This has been revealed by two arrested activists of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The two - Umer Siddiqui and Azhar - were arrested from Raipur by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and revealed the same during interrogation.
The duo disclosed that suicide bombers are being readied to target Modi during political rallies and that recces of his political meetings are being done regularly.
It may be noted that several low-intensity blasts had taken place at Modi’s rally in Patna recently.
Umer is reported to have played a role in both Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid