Narendra Modi criticises centre for not developing skilled manpower
Gandhinagar: The central government lacked the vision to harness the skills of the youth, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said and added that had the country invested in its youth power, it could have skipped many difficulties.
"Unemployment is a big problem. On one hand, there is demand for skilled labourers and on the other hand there is lack of skilled manpower. There is no leader or government to work towards making the two ends meet," Modi said here Wednesday while addressing the National Conference on Skill Development.
"In Gujarat, we have done many things on that direction, but it would have been better had the central government done it."
The conference was organised by the Labour and Employment Department of the Gujarat government along with Confederation of Indian Industry.
Modi said development is the centre of gravity and where there is skilled manpower, development is bound to happen at that place. "Those states which will focus on skilled manpower will get more investments."
Citing Planning Commission report of 2008, he said in India only two percent of job seekers get jobs, while in Japan it is 80 percent and Britain 68 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey