Narendra Modi distributes Rs 13-cr to poor in Bharuch
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi distributed Rs 13.88 crore among beneficiaries of various
schemes in Bharuch district during "Garib Kalyan Mela", a poor
welfare scheme to mark Modi`s 3000 days in power.
The state government has plans to organise 50 Garib
Kalyan Mela in 26 districts of the state in which
beneficiaries of the various schemes of the government will be handed over cheques, title deeds and entitlement certificates to avail the
benefits of the welfare programmes.
So far, such melas have been held in Amreli, Gondal in
Rajkot district, Dediapada in Narmada district and Bharuch.
"Modi distributed certificates, title deeds and cheques
worth Rs 13.88 crore to over 29000 beneficiaries of Bharuch
district in Garib Kalyan Mela held yesterday," said a
government release issued by the state information department.
"This is an attempt by the Chief Minister to directly
reach out to the poor people and give them their rights to
avail the benefits of the welfare schemes and programmes," a
senior official, who is involved in coordination said.
Beneficiaries of Indira Awas Yojna, scholarships to the
students, Sardar Awas Yojna and other welfare programmes can
benefit from the scheme, he said.
However, the opposition party has described Modi`s
programme as another "drama being enacted by the Chief
"So far, he has neglected poor sections of the society
and tried to please industrialists. But now, he has realised
that he cannot afford to neglect poor," said state Congress
general secretary Nishith Vyas.
He claimed that more than 75 per cent of the funds he
distributes in such melas are under the flagship programmes of
the UPA government.
"He (Modi) is giving benefits to the beneficiaries under
the various welfare schemes of the Central government and
trying to take credit for himself," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India