Narendra Modi doesn`t have the heart of a true Hindu: Sibal
New Delhi: Accusing Gujarat Chief Minister of not taking adequate measures to prevent the 2002 riots in the state, Law Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said "Narendra Modi does not have the heart of a true Hindu" by refusing to apologise to the nation.
"When the Chief Minister says that whatever happened in Gujarat he has no sense of remorse, he doesn`t feel sorry for it and he refused to apologise to the nation till date, obviously the Chief minister doesn`t have the heart of a true Hindu," Sibal said.
He said if a Chief Minister wants to ensure that there are no riots, "he can ensure that there are no riots in 10 minutes. There is no problem."
On Modi`s remarks on the riots that even when one is sitting in the rear seat of a car and the driver is driving and if a puppy comes under the wheels one would feel sad, Sibal said "when I am sitting at the back of my car and I see that my driver is not driving carefully, I tell him to drive carefully."
"Did he tell his people to ensure that?" Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?