Narendra Modi doesn`t have the heart of a true Hindu: Sibal
New Delhi: Accusing Gujarat Chief Minister of not taking adequate measures to prevent the 2002 riots in the state, Law Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said "Narendra Modi does not have the heart of a true Hindu" by refusing to apologise to the nation.
"When the Chief Minister says that whatever happened in Gujarat he has no sense of remorse, he doesn`t feel sorry for it and he refused to apologise to the nation till date, obviously the Chief minister doesn`t have the heart of a true Hindu," Sibal said.
He said if a Chief Minister wants to ensure that there are no riots, "he can ensure that there are no riots in 10 minutes. There is no problem."
On Modi`s remarks on the riots that even when one is sitting in the rear seat of a car and the driver is driving and if a puppy comes under the wheels one would feel sad, Sibal said "when I am sitting at the back of my car and I see that my driver is not driving carefully, I tell him to drive carefully."
"Did he tell his people to ensure that?" Sibal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!