Narendra Modi fans irked by Ananthamurthy ask him to quit India
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After making the statement that “I would not want to live in a country where Modi is the Prime Minister,” Eminent writer and Jnanpeeth award recipient UR Ananthamurthy is now getting money orders from Narendra Modi fans.
The enraged fans are using social media platform to raise money to buy the writer a ticket out of India.
Meanwhile, Ananthamurthy has expressed his displeasure over the attitude of Modi fans for targeting him.
After the controversy broke out over his strident anti-Modi remark, Ananthamurthy stood his ground and said that the Gujarat Chief Minister would create fear among people if he becomes Prime Minister.
The country needs to build a citizenry who are not afraid and a governance where people do not follow a leader slavishly, Ananthamurthy earlier said.
BJP and supporters of the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate dubbed him "parasite like" alleging he swayed according to political climate, having supported Congress and JDS in the past and "currying" favours with the government of the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker