`Narendra Modi has no right to be upset over Jairam Ramesh`s remarks`
New Delhi: Janata Dal United (JD-U) leader Ali Anwar on Tuesday said Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has no right to get upset about what Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had said recently, when he himself compares Muslims with dogs and makes fun of women wearing burqas.
Anwar`s comment came in response to a recent comparison drawn between self-styled godman Asaram Bapu and Narendra Modi, by Jairam Ramesh, who had said Modi speaking about Lokayukta, was like Asaram talking about virginity.
Anwar, however, said Jairam could have used different words to make his point, but added that Modi should first take a look at himself.
"Yes, Jairam should have said what he had to in a different way, but Modi should remember that people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones. Modi should correct himself first," he said.
On Monday, Jairam Ramesh had said that Modi, who did not appoint a Lokayukta for ten years in his state, had no right to speak on the issue of an anti-graft legislation.
Ramesh said a guy who did not appoint a Lokayukta for ten years, was hardly the person to speak about Lokayukta.
"This is like Asaram talking about virginity," he said.
Ramesh had made the comment in reaction to Modi mocking of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on the issue of the passing of the Lokpal Bill at a rally in Uttarakhand last Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state