Narendra Modi has no right to speak on corruption: Ajay Maken
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Ajay Maken on Tuesday criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for not expelling Babubhai Bokhiria from the state cabinet despite being made accused in an illegal mining case.
Accusing Modi for maintaining double standards on the corruption issue, Maken said that neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Gujarat CM has right to speak on the grave issue.
The AICC general secretary and Communication Department in-charge took on the BJP’s election campaign chief on the issue of Lokayukta. The former union minister asked, why there has been no Lokayukta in Gujarat since 2002 despite the fact that the state government spent Rs 45 crore of public money to defend Modi`s Lokayukta proposal which cannot act against the chief minister.
Maken also questioned Modi for sharing dais with BJP ex-president Bangaru Lakshman who was convicted in a corruption case.
The Congress leader further asked Modi to explain why Nitin Gadkari’s name was withdrawn at the last minute from the race of BJP president`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray