Narendra Modi has no right to speak on corruption: Ajay Maken
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Ajay Maken on Tuesday criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for not expelling Babubhai Bokhiria from the state cabinet despite being made accused in an illegal mining case.
Accusing Modi for maintaining double standards on the corruption issue, Maken said that neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Gujarat CM has right to speak on the grave issue.
The AICC general secretary and Communication Department in-charge took on the BJP’s election campaign chief on the issue of Lokayukta. The former union minister asked, why there has been no Lokayukta in Gujarat since 2002 despite the fact that the state government spent Rs 45 crore of public money to defend Modi`s Lokayukta proposal which cannot act against the chief minister.
Maken also questioned Modi for sharing dais with BJP ex-president Bangaru Lakshman who was convicted in a corruption case.
The Congress leader further asked Modi to explain why Nitin Gadkari’s name was withdrawn at the last minute from the race of BJP president`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...