Narendra Modi has no right to speak on corruption: Ajay Maken
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Ajay Maken on Tuesday criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for not expelling Babubhai Bokhiria from the state cabinet despite being made accused in an illegal mining case.
Accusing Modi for maintaining double standards on the corruption issue, Maken said that neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Gujarat CM has right to speak on the grave issue.
The AICC general secretary and Communication Department in-charge took on the BJP’s election campaign chief on the issue of Lokayukta. The former union minister asked, why there has been no Lokayukta in Gujarat since 2002 despite the fact that the state government spent Rs 45 crore of public money to defend Modi`s Lokayukta proposal which cannot act against the chief minister.
Maken also questioned Modi for sharing dais with BJP ex-president Bangaru Lakshman who was convicted in a corruption case.
The Congress leader further asked Modi to explain why Nitin Gadkari’s name was withdrawn at the last minute from the race of BJP president`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!