Narendra Modi has not done anything big; media glorifying him: Digvijay
Sagar: Targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said that the BJP leader was being glorified by the media although he had not done "anything big".
"Narendra Modi has not done anything big in his life and yet he is being glorified by the media... He is posing as a big leader only on the strength of the media," Singh told reporters at the Dhana air strip here.
"Modi can say anything about Congress and corruption, but people know that even today it is difficult to lodge a complaint in a graft case in Gujarat," the senior Congressman said.
Stating that there has been no Lokayukta in Gujarat since 2002, Singh alleged that Babubhai (Bokhiriya) continues to be a minister although he has been awarded jail term (in an illegal mining case).
Bokhiriya is currently the Water Resources Minister.
"The CAG had pointed out irregularities worth crores of rupees in Gujarat, though the state government has not replied about them," he added.
"Modi`s claim of the Gujarat model of development for which he wants to earn praise, is not his, but that of the people of Gujarat and their spirit of entrepreneurship... There are no indicators to show that Gujarat is a developed state," he said.
When Modi became the chief minister, Gujarat`s debt was Rs 22,000 crore, which has now gone up to Rs 1,40,000 crore, he claimed.
Replying to a query, he said that the BJP had lost the assembly elections in those states, where Modi had earlier campaigned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa