Narendra Modi has PM material: PA Sangma
Shillong: Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma on Friday said BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi had prime ministerial material, but he would have to test his acceptance in non-Hindi speaking belts.
"Modi has PM material. He has popular support in Hindi-speaking belts. He has to test his position in non-Hindi speaking areas especially in the South," Sangma told reporters here.
"People of the country today wants development and good governance and he has proved these (in Gujarat)," Sangma said.
On 2002 riots, Sangma said, "that took place when he was just two months as chief minister. After that he has won so many elections from Muslim dominated areas."
He said Modi was yet to tour the length and breadth of the country. "The moment he goes campaigning all over the country, then we`ll know his position and it will be seen within two months from now," he said.
Ruling out early elections, Sagma said the problem of the proposed Third Front was that it won`t sustain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon