Narendra Modi has PM material: PA Sangma
Shillong: Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma on Friday said BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi had prime ministerial material, but he would have to test his acceptance in non-Hindi speaking belts.
"Modi has PM material. He has popular support in Hindi-speaking belts. He has to test his position in non-Hindi speaking areas especially in the South," Sangma told reporters here.
"People of the country today wants development and good governance and he has proved these (in Gujarat)," Sangma said.
On 2002 riots, Sangma said, "that took place when he was just two months as chief minister. After that he has won so many elections from Muslim dominated areas."
He said Modi was yet to tour the length and breadth of the country. "The moment he goes campaigning all over the country, then we`ll know his position and it will be seen within two months from now," he said.
Ruling out early elections, Sagma said the problem of the proposed Third Front was that it won`t sustain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode