Narendra Modi has PM material: PA Sangma
Shillong: Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma on Friday said BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi had prime ministerial material, but he would have to test his acceptance in non-Hindi speaking belts.
"Modi has PM material. He has popular support in Hindi-speaking belts. He has to test his position in non-Hindi speaking areas especially in the South," Sangma told reporters here.
"People of the country today wants development and good governance and he has proved these (in Gujarat)," Sangma said.
On 2002 riots, Sangma said, "that took place when he was just two months as chief minister. After that he has won so many elections from Muslim dominated areas."
He said Modi was yet to tour the length and breadth of the country. "The moment he goes campaigning all over the country, then we`ll know his position and it will be seen within two months from now," he said.
Ruling out early elections, Sagma said the problem of the proposed Third Front was that it won`t sustain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened