Narendra Modi has to be stopped for the sake of country: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: CPI(M) Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Wednesday said Narendra Modi becoming Prime Minister will be dangerous for the country and alleged that the Trinamool Congress has a covert pact with the BJP.
"We know that Manmohan Singh will not come back to power because of the policies he is pursuing. But the person coming up is Narendra Modi, who is a monster. It will be dangerous for the country if he ascends to power," said Bhattacharjee.
The former West Bengal Chief Minister alleged it was the Trinamool Congress, which was having a covert pact with the BJP, but was not willing to come out in the open.
Accusing the Congress-led UPA regime of pursuing neo-liberal policies, Bhattacharjee said, "This UPA government has failed to control the prices of essentials, why will the people vote them to power again".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter