Narendra Modi hints at hot pursuit against Dawood Ibrahim
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi lashed out at Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for publicly discussing the issue of bringing back underworld don Dawood Ibrahim to India.
In an interview to a Gujarati TV news channel, Modi said he feels ashamed and termed Shinde`s comments on Dawood as immature. Giving the example of killing of Osama bin Laden by the US forces, the BJP strongman said, "Did the US held a press conference before carrying out the Abbottabad raid."
Expressing his views on how to deal with the Maoists problem, the Gujarat Chief Minister said, "I have publicly told the people following the particular ideology that they have to make up their mind and choose between gun and plough, ballot and bullet, vote and death."
"We need to have zero tolerance towards terrorism, narco terrorism, fake currency issue," Modi asserted.
However, the BJP strongman said, "In some cases where situation can be handled with talks it should be done, but at the same time we need to deal strictly with those who have made up their mind to indulge in bloodshed."
When asked about Defence Minister AK Antony`s statement in Parliament on Pakistan that India wouldn`t tolerate ceasefire violations, the BJP`s PM candidate said that a more grievous issue is of the killing of two Kerala fishermen by Italian marines.
Heavily criticising the Manmohan Singh-led UPA government on the Kerala fishermen killing case, Modi said, "The marines were brought back to India after Supreme Court`s order." He further asked the central government of disclosing the location where the Italian marines have been kept.
Modi accused the incumbent government of not being serious towards the security of the people.
Raising the issue of beheading of Indian soldiers on the border, Modi chided Antony for saying that some people came in Pakistani Army uniform and killed the Indian soldiers. He said Anotny`s statement was not accepted by the Indian Army which later said Pakistanis killed our soldiers.
The BJP strongman also took the opportunity to mock at former external affairs minister SM Krishna for reading out the speech of the Portuguese foreign minister at a UN meeting in 2011.
Spelling out the agenda of the BJP, the Gujarat CM said that his party believes in unity and development, empowering the downtrodden, providing employment opportunities to the youth, security to the fairer community, irrigation facilities for the farmers.
In his message to the GenX, he said that the youngsters between 18-28 years of age are not only voters but also canvassers. Saying that the young generation is capable of changing the future of the country he urged them to vote for a strong government which can fulfil their dreams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'