Narendra Modi inaugurates Ramdev’s school in Haridwar
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s Acharyakulam School in Haridwar in presence of influential spiritual leaders like Morari Bapu and Rameshji Oza.
Swami Awadheshanand, Anand Murti Maharaj, Pejawar Swami, Dr Pranav Pandya are some of the other prominent spiritual leaders who are expected to be present at the event.
A school based on Vedic-cum-modern education, Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust’s Acharyakulam Shikshan Sansthanam is affiliated to CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). It will offer education to students from grades 5th to 12th.
Modi’s visit to Haridwar assumes significance as it comes at a time when he is being increasingly projected as BJP’s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Of late, Ramdev has emerged as one of the most vocal supporters of the ‘Modi for PM’ idea.
“There is some possibility and space for BJP if it changes priorities and thinks about projecting Narendra Modi in next Lok Sabha elections,” Ramdev had recently said.
Cong withdraws decision to boycott Modi
The ruling Congress, which had earlier announced to boycott Modi’s visit and greet him with black flags has withdrawn its decision.
Terming Modi as a "symbol of communalism", Congress had earlier announced it will boycott his visit to the holy city.
Congress’ decision comes after heavy backlash by the BJP over Congress’ earlier announcement to boycott Modi.
"At a time when Modi has emerged as the most popular leader in the country and his development model is being praised not only nation-wide, but all over the world, the Congress` decision to boycott his visit to Uttarakhand is unfortunate," senior BJP leader and former Speaker of Uttarakhand state assembly Harbans Kapoor said.
Condemning Congress` remarks that Modi is a "symbol of communalism," Kapoor warned the party not to forget the 1984 anti-Sikh riots in which some of its prominent leaders are facing trial.
The BJP leader warned that any insult to Modi will eclipse the prospects of the party in the forthcoming civic body polls slated for April 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das