Narendra Modi inaugurates Ramdev’s school in Haridwar
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s Acharyakulam School in Haridwar in presence of influential spiritual leaders like Morari Bapu and Rameshji Oza.
Swami Awadheshanand, Anand Murti Maharaj, Pejawar Swami, Dr Pranav Pandya are some of the other prominent spiritual leaders who are expected to be present at the event.
A school based on Vedic-cum-modern education, Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust’s Acharyakulam Shikshan Sansthanam is affiliated to CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). It will offer education to students from grades 5th to 12th.
Modi’s visit to Haridwar assumes significance as it comes at a time when he is being increasingly projected as BJP’s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Of late, Ramdev has emerged as one of the most vocal supporters of the ‘Modi for PM’ idea.
“There is some possibility and space for BJP if it changes priorities and thinks about projecting Narendra Modi in next Lok Sabha elections,” Ramdev had recently said.
Cong withdraws decision to boycott Modi
The ruling Congress, which had earlier announced to boycott Modi’s visit and greet him with black flags has withdrawn its decision.
Terming Modi as a "symbol of communalism", Congress had earlier announced it will boycott his visit to the holy city.
Congress’ decision comes after heavy backlash by the BJP over Congress’ earlier announcement to boycott Modi.
"At a time when Modi has emerged as the most popular leader in the country and his development model is being praised not only nation-wide, but all over the world, the Congress` decision to boycott his visit to Uttarakhand is unfortunate," senior BJP leader and former Speaker of Uttarakhand state assembly Harbans Kapoor said.
Condemning Congress` remarks that Modi is a "symbol of communalism," Kapoor warned the party not to forget the 1984 anti-Sikh riots in which some of its prominent leaders are facing trial.
The BJP leader warned that any insult to Modi will eclipse the prospects of the party in the forthcoming civic body polls slated for April 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video