Narendra Modi is creation of TV, will be finished by it: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: A day after Narendra Modi attacked the UP government for state`s "poor amenities", Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday hit back saying those who are made by television are also finished by it.
Speaking at a function to launch radio taxi service in 13 cities of the state, the chief minister slammed BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for "distorting history and geography" of the country.
He was pointing towards reported faux pas made by the Gujarat Chief Minister during some of his speeches.
At a recent rally, Modi got confused between the names of Gujarati freedom fighter Shyamji Krishna Varma and Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookherjee.
"The fight now would be fought on the ground... Some people are presenting history and geography in a distorted manner," Yadav said.
He also claimed that Modi is a creation of TV and,"those who are made by television are finished also by it."
On the excavation work in an Unnao village for gold, Akhilesh said that it was the Centre and its ministers which were interested in it.
"We will now see what the saint says...It would be good if a treasure is found in UP... Now people from outside the state are also coming here to loot the treasure of UP...You all know about it," he said.
The digging was stopped after the ASI did not find any gold supposedly buried under the ruins of a 19th century fort in Unnao.
Akhilesh also took a dig at former chief minister and BSP chief Mayawati, saying her government used to look for new methods to loot, but now with the SP, there had been a check on it.
On the 75th birthday of his father and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh laid the foundation stone of a cancer institute, and `Avadh Shilp Gram` which would showcase the culture and art of the state at one place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state