Narendra Modi is "delusional, desperate": Anand Sharma
New Delhi: Slamming Narendra Modi as "delusional and desperate", Congress on Sunday said that the decision to anoint him as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate was "rubber-stamped" by RSS.
"It is clear that it is a decision which was taken by the RSS leadership, which claims to be a cultural organisation and rubber-stamped by the BJP leadership. Rather they were sulking, but they were dragged into taking this decision," senior Congress leader and Union Minister for Commerce Anand Sharma told reporters here.
Taking a dig at the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said that Modi has never shown any grace or dignity in the political discourse ever.
"Humility has never touched him and he has dragged political discourse to very low depth," he added.
Sharma said that Modi has been addressing public rallies from a dais that featured the replica of Red Fort (in Ambikapur) and Parliament (in an Ahmedabad college on August 15).
Terming Modi`s ambition as a pipe-dream, he said,"...That shows that he is delusional, he is desperate and I can say that with certainty that he will always be speaking from the ramparts of replicas and not from the real Red Fort and not address the real Parliament that is for sure because that misfortune will never visit people of India."
Commenting on the Muzaffarnagar riots, Sharma said it was shocking and urged all sections to maintain unity and harmony.
"That is shocking. There are forces at work who want to create a sectarian divide by injecting the poison of communalism for electoral gain by polarising the society.
"We would urge all communities and all sections to see through their evil designs and maintain unity and harmony," he added.
Communal strife in Muzaffarnagar has claimed 47 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset