Narendra Modi is "delusional, desperate": Anand Sharma
New Delhi: Slamming Narendra Modi as "delusional and desperate", Congress on Sunday said that the decision to anoint him as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate was "rubber-stamped" by RSS.
"It is clear that it is a decision which was taken by the RSS leadership, which claims to be a cultural organisation and rubber-stamped by the BJP leadership. Rather they were sulking, but they were dragged into taking this decision," senior Congress leader and Union Minister for Commerce Anand Sharma told reporters here.
Taking a dig at the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said that Modi has never shown any grace or dignity in the political discourse ever.
"Humility has never touched him and he has dragged political discourse to very low depth," he added.
Sharma said that Modi has been addressing public rallies from a dais that featured the replica of Red Fort (in Ambikapur) and Parliament (in an Ahmedabad college on August 15).
Terming Modi`s ambition as a pipe-dream, he said,"...That shows that he is delusional, he is desperate and I can say that with certainty that he will always be speaking from the ramparts of replicas and not from the real Red Fort and not address the real Parliament that is for sure because that misfortune will never visit people of India."
Commenting on the Muzaffarnagar riots, Sharma said it was shocking and urged all sections to maintain unity and harmony.
"That is shocking. There are forces at work who want to create a sectarian divide by injecting the poison of communalism for electoral gain by polarising the society.
"We would urge all communities and all sections to see through their evil designs and maintain unity and harmony," he added.
Communal strife in Muzaffarnagar has claimed 47 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing