Narendra Modi is India`s most popular leader: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Raipur: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday described Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the country`s most popular leader.
A replica of the famous Red Fort has been erected in Chhattisgarh from where Modi was also scheduled to address a rally.
Singh was present on the stage with Modi at the rally organised by the Chhattisgarh government.
The BJP president also hailed the development work done by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Hitting out at Congress, Singh said the BJP was not responsible for the country`s slow growth as alleged by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He also said that Congress has failed in controlling price rise, adding "you saw how Atal ji controlled price rise during BJP`s rule".
The BJP government had provided employment to six crore people in five years, whereas the Congress gave employment to 27 lakh people from 2004 to 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report