Narendra Modi is India`s most popular leader: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Raipur: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday described Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the country`s most popular leader.
A replica of the famous Red Fort has been erected in Chhattisgarh from where Modi was also scheduled to address a rally.
Singh was present on the stage with Modi at the rally organised by the Chhattisgarh government.
The BJP president also hailed the development work done by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Hitting out at Congress, Singh said the BJP was not responsible for the country`s slow growth as alleged by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He also said that Congress has failed in controlling price rise, adding "you saw how Atal ji controlled price rise during BJP`s rule".
The BJP government had provided employment to six crore people in five years, whereas the Congress gave employment to 27 lakh people from 2004 to 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?