Narendra Modi is like Vajpayee minus secular credentials: Sangma
Nagpur: Former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma on Tuesday drew comparisons between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, saying that the BJP strongman is a good administrator but lacks secular credentials unlike the erstwhile Prime Minister.
"Modi has tremendous capacities and will power to transform... He is a good administrator but the only drawback is his non-secular credentials," he said.
"His qualities resemble (Atal Bihari) Vajpayee. He has proved his abilities in Gujarat but when it comes to lead the nation, if at all BJP-led NDA comes to power in 2014, it will be a great challenge for him...He will be more concerned about good governance," Sangma told a news agency in an interview.
On 2002 Godhra riots haunting Modi, Sangma said, "When country can forget the demolition of Babri Masjid, people will also forget the Godhra riots."
"India has enormous capacity to absolve crises," he said on the Babri issue.
Sangma also ruled out early elections.
On the post-election scenario, he said the prospects of the Federal Front mooted by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were dim.
There are several like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Lalu Yadav and others to lead and therefore it will be a mess, he felt.
On BJP-JD(U)`s severed ties, Sangma said the latter will be the sufferer in the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences
- Reasons you should be eating more broccoli!
- Brexit shock: Pound tumbles 11%, lowest level in over three decades