Narendra Modi is `mask` of RSS: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Monday described Narendra Modi as "mask" of RSS which he alleged was full of hatred for minority Muslims and was out to vitiate the harmony of society.
Prasad made a scathing attack on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for failing to contain the influence of BJP and RSS in Bihar.
"Narendra Modi and BJP are merely masks of RSS," Prasad said after flagging off RJD rath yatra to make Muslims aware of communal design of such elements from his residence here.
"The real power lies with BJP and Nagpur (RSS headquarters)," he added.
Alleging that BJP was merely carrying the "communal agenda" of RSS, the RJD chief said that BJP by holding political meetings at different places in the country was vitiating harmony in the society.
The RJD rath driven by Prasad`s close confidante and former MLC Anwar Ahmad in the first phase would tour muinority-dominated areas of Begusarai, Khagaria, Katihar, Purnea, Kisanganj, Araria, Madhepura, Saharsa and Supual.
Prasad made a scathing attack on his rival Nitish Kumar saying while communal forces were increasing influence in the state, he was sitting "idle."
"Secular and honest officers are not posted in field. Posting of officers are being done keeping in view the coming Parliamentary elections," he said.
He alleged that Kumar allowed the saffron party to spread its influence in Bihar. "He (Kumar) helped in RSS organising camp at historic Gandhi maidan here," the RJD chief said.
"On request of Narendra Modi he (Kumar) as a Railway minister then did not order probe into burning of Sabarmati Express in Gujarat," he said alleging collusion between Modi and Kumar.
The RJD chief claimed that "Nitish is now no factor in Bihar (in 2014 elections)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH