Narendra Modi is "youth magnet" of India: Smriti Irani
Tampa: Praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his hard work and good governance, a senior BJP leader has said the party`s prime ministerial candidate is the "youth magnet" of India.
Addressing party supporters at a meeting of Indian American youth and women in Tampa, Florida, BJP spokesperson Smriti Irani said, "We have now one of the most...Youth magnet as the prime ministerial candidate and his name is Narendra Modi."
"Modi today symbolises the youth of the country, the fact that if you have talent, if you can work hard then you can have the possibility of becoming the next prime minister of India," Irani said in response to a question from the audience at the panel discussion organised by the Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP).
Irani along with Prodyut Bora, national executive member of the BJP are in Tampa to attend the two-day OFBJP convention; wherein supporters of BJP have gathered from across the nation to brain storm as to the ways in which the Indian American community can help the BJP achieve its goal of securing more than 270 Lok Sabha seats in the general elections next year.
According to OFBJP president-elect, Chandrakant Patel, more than 100 delegates from 22 States are attending the two- day convention in Tampa, which he said will draw an action plan for active involvement of the Indian Diaspora for the BJP in the next general elections.
In her inaugural address of the OFBJP`s national convention, Irani said Modi with his stellar performance has made good governance on the political and electoral agenda.
Noting that people in India now judge leadership not by rhetoric, but by performance, she said gone are the days where somebody would be satisfied only with the promise of a better future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash