Narendra Modi knows only to criticise Congress: Digvijay Singh
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has attacked Narendra Modi for his `idle` speeches saying that the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP had nothing substantial to offer in his oratory.
Speaking to reporters here last evening, Digvijay said, "He (Modi) does only one thing and that is to criticise the Congress on every occasion. In his speeches, Modi has not given any suggestion to improve the country`s economic system."
Slamming Modi for his outburst against Congress, Singh said "he has no knowledge of figures about the country`s economic, political or geographic matters" and expressed fears that he would lead the country on the path as the disgraced German leader Hitler did of his country.
The former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also claimed that the Modi factor did not influence the November 25 state assembly election results.
Digvijay said his party lost the MP assembly polls as people were unhappy with rising prices and corruption.
The senior leader said he will not contest Lok Sabha polls from Rajgarh constituency where Narayan Singh Amlawe will again be the Congress nominee.
"I can contest LS polls from any constituency, which the party high command feels fit for me," he said.
About the JP movement and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, the Congress General Secretary said it was easy to swing the people`s mood but it is not easy to fulfil one`s promises.
Digvijay said by re-admitting former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa into the partyfold without having got a clean chit, the BJP had lost all its right to criticise Congress on the issue of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends