Narendra Modi lauds Purna, Everester at 13
New Delhi: Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi Sunday congratulated 13-year-old Malavath Purna who became the youngest girl to scale Mount Everest.
"Was very happy to read this. Congrats to our youngsters. They make us truly proud," Modi said in a tweet, while sharing a news article on it.
Purna, from Andhra Pradesh, successfully climbed the peak early Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon