Narendra Modi lauds Purna, Everester at 13
New Delhi: Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi Sunday congratulated 13-year-old Malavath Purna who became the youngest girl to scale Mount Everest.
"Was very happy to read this. Congrats to our youngsters. They make us truly proud," Modi said in a tweet, while sharing a news article on it.
Purna, from Andhra Pradesh, successfully climbed the peak early Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug