Narendra Modi leadership has always failed: Samajwadi Party
Chennai: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP leader Narendra Modi`s leadership came in for flak on Saturday from Samajwadi Party, which alleged he has always failed in that front and would continue to be so in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"Narendra Modi campaigned in Karnataka. Did you see what happened? He campaigned in Himachal Pradesh. Did you see the Congress coming to power there? His leadership has always failed," SP National General Secretary Kiranmay Nanda told PTI.
Nanda was in the city to take part in the state executive committee meeting.
Charging the media with hyping up Modi, he said, "Where is Modi? He is only in TV channels and in Gujarat. See Karnataka elections and Himachal Pradesh."
Stating that a third front was definitely in the making, led by Mulayam Singh Yadav, he said Congress is the most corrupt government.
"On the other hand, BJP is a communal force. Samajwadi Party would lead the third front under the leadership of Mulayam Singh Yadav."
To a query, he said, "Samajwadi Party has already said that we will not support the Food Security Bill. It is entirely anti peasant. It is nothing but an election stunt."
Earlier, police arrived at the spot after some party workers protested against the state leadership convening the meeting.
However, Nanda confirmed that Ilango Yadav is the authorised president of the party`s state unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information