Narendra Modi-led BJP likely to win 50% seats in UP, Bihar: Poll survey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party is expected to win 61 seats in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar in the upcoming crucial General Elections, a poll survey conducted by a news channel has predicted.
The poll survey indicates that the BJP is expected to increase its tally significantly and bag 40 out of 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh and rest 21 out of 40 seats in Bihar.
In what is more interesting is that the Modi-powered BJP`s popularity is rising day by day. A similar poll survey in Jaunary had predicted that the principle opposition party would win 35 seats in UP.
The Congress, which is facing its worst ever crisis since independence, is projected to manage 11 seats in UP, down from the 21 it bagged in 2009 in the crucial state.
The ruling Samajwadi Party, which has received huge flak over Muzaffarnagar violence, Safai Mahotsav, `study tour` of MLAs, will get only 14 seats, while Bhajuan Samajwadi Party (BSP) under the leadership of Mayawati would win 13 seats.
The Janata Dal (United) led by Nitish Kumar, which snapped its ties with the BJP last year, would get nine seats as compared to its tally of 20 in 2009, the survey said. The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) of Lalu Prasad is likely to win around five parliamentary seats.
According to the poll, in a hypothetical scenario, the Congress is predicted to get 14 seats and a vote share of 32 percent in alliance with the RJD and Lok Janshakti Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal