Narendra Modi likely to visit Ayodhya, to pray at disputed site
Ayodhya: In a move having big political significance, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to visit Ayodhya this week and will also offer prayer at the disputed site.
Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Aditya Nath and yoga guru Ramdev will be reaching the town tomorrow to welcome Modi, said Sharad Sharma UP spokesman of VHP.
Sharma said that the Gujarat Chief Minister, who is expected to visit Ayodhya on Wednesday or Friday, will also visit the makeshift Ram temple.
VHP has also called a meeting of Hindu saints who have played active roles in Ram temple movement in 1990s, he said.
"Modi`s message to his party men and electorate from the land of Ayodhya will be important in the coming elections," the VHP leader said.
Modi will also meet top VHP saints in Ayodhya, including the president of Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das.
This will be the first visit of Modi to makeshift Ayodhya temple after demolition of the disputed structure.
According to the sources he visited Ayodhya in 1998 with Lal Krishna Advani, but did not visit the shrine.
"Modi`s move towards Ayodhya is also an indication that the Hindutva forces are seriously considering him as the PM candidate for General Election," the VHP leader said.
His visit implies that the BJP, which had dropped the Ram temple issue in the last Lok Sabha elections, would rake it up this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video