Narendra Modi likely to visit Ayodhya, to pray at disputed site
Ayodhya: In a move having big political significance, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to visit Ayodhya this week and will also offer prayer at the disputed site.
Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Aditya Nath and yoga guru Ramdev will be reaching the town tomorrow to welcome Modi, said Sharad Sharma UP spokesman of VHP.
Sharma said that the Gujarat Chief Minister, who is expected to visit Ayodhya on Wednesday or Friday, will also visit the makeshift Ram temple.
VHP has also called a meeting of Hindu saints who have played active roles in Ram temple movement in 1990s, he said.
"Modi`s message to his party men and electorate from the land of Ayodhya will be important in the coming elections," the VHP leader said.
Modi will also meet top VHP saints in Ayodhya, including the president of Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das.
This will be the first visit of Modi to makeshift Ayodhya temple after demolition of the disputed structure.
According to the sources he visited Ayodhya in 1998 with Lal Krishna Advani, but did not visit the shrine.
"Modi`s move towards Ayodhya is also an indication that the Hindutva forces are seriously considering him as the PM candidate for General Election," the VHP leader said.
His visit implies that the BJP, which had dropped the Ram temple issue in the last Lok Sabha elections, would rake it up this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room