Narendra Modi likely to visit Ayodhya, to pray at disputed site
Ayodhya: In a move having big political significance, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to visit Ayodhya this week and will also offer prayer at the disputed site.
Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Aditya Nath and yoga guru Ramdev will be reaching the town tomorrow to welcome Modi, said Sharad Sharma UP spokesman of VHP.
Sharma said that the Gujarat Chief Minister, who is expected to visit Ayodhya on Wednesday or Friday, will also visit the makeshift Ram temple.
VHP has also called a meeting of Hindu saints who have played active roles in Ram temple movement in 1990s, he said.
"Modi`s message to his party men and electorate from the land of Ayodhya will be important in the coming elections," the VHP leader said.
Modi will also meet top VHP saints in Ayodhya, including the president of Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das.
This will be the first visit of Modi to makeshift Ayodhya temple after demolition of the disputed structure.
According to the sources he visited Ayodhya in 1998 with Lal Krishna Advani, but did not visit the shrine.
"Modi`s move towards Ayodhya is also an indication that the Hindutva forces are seriously considering him as the PM candidate for General Election," the VHP leader said.
His visit implies that the BJP, which had dropped the Ram temple issue in the last Lok Sabha elections, would rake it up this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win