Narendra Modi likely to visit Ayodhya, to pray at disputed site
Ayodhya: In a move having big political significance, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to visit Ayodhya this week and will also offer prayer at the disputed site.
Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Aditya Nath and yoga guru Ramdev will be reaching the town tomorrow to welcome Modi, said Sharad Sharma UP spokesman of VHP.
Sharma said that the Gujarat Chief Minister, who is expected to visit Ayodhya on Wednesday or Friday, will also visit the makeshift Ram temple.
VHP has also called a meeting of Hindu saints who have played active roles in Ram temple movement in 1990s, he said.
"Modi`s message to his party men and electorate from the land of Ayodhya will be important in the coming elections," the VHP leader said.
Modi will also meet top VHP saints in Ayodhya, including the president of Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das.
This will be the first visit of Modi to makeshift Ayodhya temple after demolition of the disputed structure.
According to the sources he visited Ayodhya in 1998 with Lal Krishna Advani, but did not visit the shrine.
"Modi`s move towards Ayodhya is also an indication that the Hindutva forces are seriously considering him as the PM candidate for General Election," the VHP leader said.
His visit implies that the BJP, which had dropped the Ram temple issue in the last Lok Sabha elections, would rake it up this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?