Narendra Modi meets Brazilian President, both call for UNSC reforms
Brasilia: India and Brazil on Wednesday called for urgent progress in reforms of the UN Security Council, as they agreed to scale up bilateral ties and deepen cooperation in international fora.
The decision to raise the level of bilateral cooperation came at a meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Dilma Rousseff.
The two countries strengthened their bilateral relations by agreeing to expand and diversify trade and investment flows as they signed three agreements including in the field of environment protection and cooperation in space.
In a special gesture, the host rolled out the red carpet and received Modi, who is not here on a bilateral visit, with full military honours at the Presidential Palace before their meeting over breakfast.
The External Affairs Ministry later said in a statement that the two leaders agreed to take steps to further expand and diversify trade and investment flows and deepen cooperation in agriculture and dairy science, convention and renewable energy, space research and application, defence, cyber security and environment conservation.
They also agreed to intensify their cooperation in international forums and multilateral institutions including the G20.
As leaders of G4 countries, Modi and Roussef called for urgent progress on reforms of the United Nations, including the Security Council, by the time of the 70 the anniversary of the UN in 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical