Narendra Modi meets Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Days after he was appointed the chief of BJP’s Lok Sabha polls campaign and strategy committee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected to unveil his agenda for the 2014 General Elections on Thursday.
Shortly after his arrival in Mumbai, Modi interacted with senior BJP leaders from Maharashtra. Importantly, former party chief Nitin Gadkari was not present during the interaction.
After the meeting with party leaders, Modi drove to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s residence ‘Matoshree’. The two leaders interacted for over 15 minutes, reports said.
Modi has reasons to try and maintain ties with the Shiv Sena, one of the remaining few allies in the NDA, especially in view of the recent flip-flop by the Sena over Modi’s elevation as the probable PM candidate in 2014.
Earlier this week, the Sena leadership had criticised Modi, accusing him of acting in a divisive manner by rescuing only Gujaratis from flood-hit Uttarakhand. Importantly, Modi had never claimed that he rescued 15,000 Gujaratis.
Later in the day, the Gujarat Chief Minister will address a CII conclave at Hotel Taj Mahal and release a book at the Bombay Stock Exchange auditorium at Dalal Street.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had begun his nationwide campaign from Punjab, after his appointment as BJP campaign committee chief, at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Memorial in Pathankot on June 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery