Narendra Modi meets Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Days after he was appointed the chief of BJP’s Lok Sabha polls campaign and strategy committee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected to unveil his agenda for the 2014 General Elections on Thursday.
Shortly after his arrival in Mumbai, Modi interacted with senior BJP leaders from Maharashtra. Importantly, former party chief Nitin Gadkari was not present during the interaction.
After the meeting with party leaders, Modi drove to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s residence ‘Matoshree’. The two leaders interacted for over 15 minutes, reports said.
Modi has reasons to try and maintain ties with the Shiv Sena, one of the remaining few allies in the NDA, especially in view of the recent flip-flop by the Sena over Modi’s elevation as the probable PM candidate in 2014.
Earlier this week, the Sena leadership had criticised Modi, accusing him of acting in a divisive manner by rescuing only Gujaratis from flood-hit Uttarakhand. Importantly, Modi had never claimed that he rescued 15,000 Gujaratis.
Later in the day, the Gujarat Chief Minister will address a CII conclave at Hotel Taj Mahal and release a book at the Bombay Stock Exchange auditorium at Dalal Street.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had begun his nationwide campaign from Punjab, after his appointment as BJP campaign committee chief, at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Memorial in Pathankot on June 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!