Narendra Modi meets Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Days after he was appointed the chief of BJP’s Lok Sabha polls campaign and strategy committee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected to unveil his agenda for the 2014 General Elections on Thursday.
Shortly after his arrival in Mumbai, Modi interacted with senior BJP leaders from Maharashtra. Importantly, former party chief Nitin Gadkari was not present during the interaction.
After the meeting with party leaders, Modi drove to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s residence ‘Matoshree’. The two leaders interacted for over 15 minutes, reports said.
Modi has reasons to try and maintain ties with the Shiv Sena, one of the remaining few allies in the NDA, especially in view of the recent flip-flop by the Sena over Modi’s elevation as the probable PM candidate in 2014.
Earlier this week, the Sena leadership had criticised Modi, accusing him of acting in a divisive manner by rescuing only Gujaratis from flood-hit Uttarakhand. Importantly, Modi had never claimed that he rescued 15,000 Gujaratis.
Later in the day, the Gujarat Chief Minister will address a CII conclave at Hotel Taj Mahal and release a book at the Bombay Stock Exchange auditorium at Dalal Street.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had begun his nationwide campaign from Punjab, after his appointment as BJP campaign committee chief, at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Memorial in Pathankot on June 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY