Narendra Modi meets Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Days after he was appointed the chief of BJP’s Lok Sabha polls campaign and strategy committee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected to unveil his agenda for the 2014 General Elections on Thursday.
Shortly after his arrival in Mumbai, Modi interacted with senior BJP leaders from Maharashtra. Importantly, former party chief Nitin Gadkari was not present during the interaction.
After the meeting with party leaders, Modi drove to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s residence ‘Matoshree’. The two leaders interacted for over 15 minutes, reports said.
Modi has reasons to try and maintain ties with the Shiv Sena, one of the remaining few allies in the NDA, especially in view of the recent flip-flop by the Sena over Modi’s elevation as the probable PM candidate in 2014.
Earlier this week, the Sena leadership had criticised Modi, accusing him of acting in a divisive manner by rescuing only Gujaratis from flood-hit Uttarakhand. Importantly, Modi had never claimed that he rescued 15,000 Gujaratis.
Later in the day, the Gujarat Chief Minister will address a CII conclave at Hotel Taj Mahal and release a book at the Bombay Stock Exchange auditorium at Dalal Street.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had begun his nationwide campaign from Punjab, after his appointment as BJP campaign committee chief, at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Memorial in Pathankot on June 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss