Narendra Modi most followed Indian politician on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another feather on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s cap, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart has now become the most followed Indian politician on social networking website Twitter.
Modi with 1,826,055 followers has moved ahead of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor who had reigned supreme till now with 1,821,776 followers.
Modi’s party colleague Sushma Swaraj is followed by 523,336 people while Congress leader Digvijay Singh has 54,968 fans.
Interestingly, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal also has 412,289 fans.
Political pundits are of the view that social media will be a major election campaign tool in 2014 General Elections.
The BJP and Congress had recently engaged in a bitter twitter war over the Uttarakhand tragedy - signal of the times to come?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO