Narendra Modi most followed Indian politician on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another feather on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s cap, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart has now become the most followed Indian politician on social networking website Twitter.
Modi with 1,826,055 followers has moved ahead of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor who had reigned supreme till now with 1,821,776 followers.
Modi’s party colleague Sushma Swaraj is followed by 523,336 people while Congress leader Digvijay Singh has 54,968 fans.
Interestingly, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal also has 412,289 fans.
Political pundits are of the view that social media will be a major election campaign tool in 2014 General Elections.
The BJP and Congress had recently engaged in a bitter twitter war over the Uttarakhand tragedy - signal of the times to come?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes