Narendra Modi most followed Indian politician on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another feather on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s cap, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart has now become the most followed Indian politician on social networking website Twitter.
Modi with 1,826,055 followers has moved ahead of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor who had reigned supreme till now with 1,821,776 followers.
Modi’s party colleague Sushma Swaraj is followed by 523,336 people while Congress leader Digvijay Singh has 54,968 fans.
Interestingly, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal also has 412,289 fans.
Political pundits are of the view that social media will be a major election campaign tool in 2014 General Elections.
The BJP and Congress had recently engaged in a bitter twitter war over the Uttarakhand tragedy - signal of the times to come?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi