Narendra Modi most followed Indian politician on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another feather on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s cap, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart has now become the most followed Indian politician on social networking website Twitter.
Modi with 1,826,055 followers has moved ahead of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor who had reigned supreme till now with 1,821,776 followers.
Modi’s party colleague Sushma Swaraj is followed by 523,336 people while Congress leader Digvijay Singh has 54,968 fans.
Interestingly, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal also has 412,289 fans.
Political pundits are of the view that social media will be a major election campaign tool in 2014 General Elections.
The BJP and Congress had recently engaged in a bitter twitter war over the Uttarakhand tragedy - signal of the times to come?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!