Narendra Modi most followed Indian politician on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another feather on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s cap, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart has now become the most followed Indian politician on social networking website Twitter.
Modi with 1,826,055 followers has moved ahead of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor who had reigned supreme till now with 1,821,776 followers.
Modi’s party colleague Sushma Swaraj is followed by 523,336 people while Congress leader Digvijay Singh has 54,968 fans.
Interestingly, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal also has 412,289 fans.
Political pundits are of the view that social media will be a major election campaign tool in 2014 General Elections.
The BJP and Congress had recently engaged in a bitter twitter war over the Uttarakhand tragedy - signal of the times to come?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm