Narendra Modi most popular for PM`s post: Zee-Taleem Poll Survey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has emerged as the favourite choice for the post of country`s next PM in a pre-poll survey conducted by Zee Media Corp commissioned through Taleem Research Foundation. Congress party scion Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second most-preferred candidate for the PM`s post.
When asked “In your opinion who would be best Prime Minister..?”, as many as 46.1 percent respondents voted for Narendra Modi while 21.2 percent voted for Rahul Gandhi.
In case of Jammu & Kashmir there very few voters (6.7 percent) who indicated their preference for Narendra Modi as prime minister. Similar was the case for Kerala (12.8 percent).
In case of Rahul Gandhi, in Gujarat (home state of Narendra Modi), highest percentage (40.8 percent) of voters thought Rahul Gandhi was the best prime ministerial candidate.
Other names mentioned by small number were Arvind Kejriwal (4.2 percent), Mayawati (2.9 percent), Mulayam Singh Yadav (2.2 percent) and Mamta Banerjee (2.0 percent). All other names mentioned garnered below 2.0 percent votes. The important point to be noted is that as much as 17.1 percent voters voted for the “Can’t say” option for this question.
Muslim Votes and Narendra Modi
The voters were asked “BJP would get more votes if Narendra Modi was not declared as a Prime Ministerial candidate”. Surprisingly, only about one-fourth or 25.8 percent voters thought so, whereas 34.6 percent voters did not think so. Four out of ten or 39.6 percent responded “Can’t say” thereby indicating that Narendra Modi’s candidature for the prime minister`s post would not affect the voting pattern of Muslim voters.
BJP Option for Prime Minister If Not Narendra Modi
Lal Krishna Advani emerged as second best option for prime minister, after Narendra Modi, according to 34.5 percent voters. Advani was followed by Sushma Swaraj (16.9 percent) and Rajnath Singh (13.3 percent). Several other names were mentioned including Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh (5.9 percent) and Arun Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha (3.8 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened