Narendra Modi most popular PM candidate; Rahul, Manmohan far behind: Survey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi has surged way ahead in the prime ministerial race ahead of 2014 General Elections, according to a survey conducted by a leading news channel.
The survey says that Modi is the most popular candidate for the top post with 30 percent of the electorate likely to vote for him. Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was favoured by 9 percent, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal by 3 percent and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by 15 percent. Incumbent PM Manmohan Singh is the least popular with only one percent votes.
In what can be said as a big setback for Janata Dal (United) in Bihar, BJP under the leadership of Modi is expected to bag 16-24seats. The JD(U) 7-13 seats, Lalu Prasad Yadav`s Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) is likely to win 6-10 seats. The Congress may get 0-4 seats.
The Gujarat Chief Minister`s magic seems to be working for the BJP in Jharkhand as well, with the survey projecting the main Opposition party to win 40 percent of the votes in the state.
However, there is bad news for the BJP in West Bengal where it is projected to bag only 0-2 seats. Bengal sends 40 MPs to Parliament. Trinamool Congress under the leadership of Mamata Banerjee will improve its tally and is projected to win 20-28 seats. Left Front is expected to win 7-13 seats and Congress 5-9.
Naveen Patnaik-led Biju Janata Dal (BJD) in Odisha is expected to present a good show and is likely to bag 10-16 seats. Congress will manage 3-9 and BJP 0-4 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- Harbhajan Singh to sponsor kit for disabled cricketers of India
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack