Narendra Modi must not talk on issues he has little knowledge: Salman Khurshid
Surat: On being asked about recent remarks made by Modi about the Centre`s foreign policy, Khurshid criticised Modi, during an event here on Monday.
Slamming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for making comments on foreign policy, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid Sunday said that Modi should not comment on issues about which he has little knowledge.
On being asked about recent remarks made by Modi about the Centre`s foreign policy, Khurshid criticised Modi, during an event here today.
"It would be better if he discusses areas where he deems himself to be successful. But, about areas where he has made no contribution and has limited knowledge, my advice to him is that he should not speak about such issues. He should let others work," Khurshid said, replying to reporters` queries.
Taking a dig at the Gujarat CM over United State`s denial of visa to him, Khurshid said that if anyone is not opening his (US) doors for him, then he should `ponder` over the reasons behind it.
Khurshid`s `advice` to the Gujarat Chief Minister came a day before his scheduled address to Indian diaspora across 18 US cities through video conferencing, as part of Gujarat Day celebrations.
"If anyone is not opening his (US) doors, then one should think a little whether there is any shortcoming in him or in the door," Khurshid told reporters.
"One should think first and reply later. This is also part of the foreign policy. The man who has been refused entry should feel let down first," Khurshid said, giving a piece of `advice` to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested