Narendra Modi need not apologise for Gujarat riots: Salman Khan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, after appearing with Narendra Modi at a kite festival, has now reportedly said that the Gujarat Chief Minister need not apologise for the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat in 2002.
Salman told a news channel during an interview that since the judiciary has exonerated Modi for his alleged involvement in the riots, he should not say sorry for the communal violence.
However, Salman refused to endorse Modi for the prime minister`s post, saying he was not in a position yet to do the same.
I do not want my views to influence millions of my fans` judgement, he added.
He added that it was fun to fly kites with the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Also Read: Sonia protecting Rahul Gandhi, says Narendra Modi
It may be noted that Modi has been nominated by the BJP as its PM candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Commenting on the recent controversy over attending the Saifai Mahotsav in Uttar Pradesh, the Bollywood star said he should not be taught what his moral responsibility is.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues