Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar are neighbours for a night
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Visiting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday spent the night in Patna as a neighbour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar.
Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, is in Patna to meet the victims of October 27 serial blasts.
The guest house in which Modi slept overnight is located in a high security zone close to the official residence of the Bihar chief minister.
Modi arrived in Patna late last night. He will today visit some half a dozen villages across the state on a helicopter to meet the families of the six people, mostly BJP workers, who lost their lives in the serial blasts in Patna last Sunday.
"It is a coincidence that Modi will be a state guest and will be staying Friday night in the state guest house, a few metres from Nitish Kumar`s official residence," an official had said yesterday.
Even though being neighbours for several hours, Modi and Nitish are not meeting each other.
"There is no official programme at which the two are expected to meet," another official said.
As per protocol, Modi is being accorded the honour of being a state guest.
Six people were killed and more than 80 injured when half a dozen bombs exploded in Patna on Sunday morning, most of them in and around the sprawling Gandhi Maidan where Modi later addressed a huge rally on Sunday.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt