Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar are neighbours for a night
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Visiting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday spent the night in Patna as a neighbour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar.
Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, is in Patna to meet the victims of October 27 serial blasts.
The guest house in which Modi slept overnight is located in a high security zone close to the official residence of the Bihar chief minister.
Modi arrived in Patna late last night. He will today visit some half a dozen villages across the state on a helicopter to meet the families of the six people, mostly BJP workers, who lost their lives in the serial blasts in Patna last Sunday.
"It is a coincidence that Modi will be a state guest and will be staying Friday night in the state guest house, a few metres from Nitish Kumar`s official residence," an official had said yesterday.
Even though being neighbours for several hours, Modi and Nitish are not meeting each other.
"There is no official programme at which the two are expected to meet," another official said.
As per protocol, Modi is being accorded the honour of being a state guest.
Six people were killed and more than 80 injured when half a dozen bombs exploded in Patna on Sunday morning, most of them in and around the sprawling Gandhi Maidan where Modi later addressed a huge rally on Sunday.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what