Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar are neighbours for a night
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Visiting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday spent the night in Patna as a neighbour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar.
Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, is in Patna to meet the victims of October 27 serial blasts.
The guest house in which Modi slept overnight is located in a high security zone close to the official residence of the Bihar chief minister.
Modi arrived in Patna late last night. He will today visit some half a dozen villages across the state on a helicopter to meet the families of the six people, mostly BJP workers, who lost their lives in the serial blasts in Patna last Sunday.
"It is a coincidence that Modi will be a state guest and will be staying Friday night in the state guest house, a few metres from Nitish Kumar`s official residence," an official had said yesterday.
Even though being neighbours for several hours, Modi and Nitish are not meeting each other.
"There is no official programme at which the two are expected to meet," another official said.
As per protocol, Modi is being accorded the honour of being a state guest.
Six people were killed and more than 80 injured when half a dozen bombs exploded in Patna on Sunday morning, most of them in and around the sprawling Gandhi Maidan where Modi later addressed a huge rally on Sunday.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss