‘Narendra Modi not more powerful than other BJP CMs’
Bhopal: Induction of Narendra Modi in BJP`s Parliamentary Board does not make him more powerful than other party chief ministers, Madhya Pradesh Minister Babulal Gaur said on Tuesday.
Although the Gujarat strongman has been appointed to the BJP`s highest decision-making body, it does not make him more powerful than other Chief Ministers from the party, Gaur said while talking to a news agency here.
Modi is the sole Chief Minister to be included in the 12-member body by BJP president Rajnath Singh, who announced his new team last weekend.
However, it has to be recognised that Modi is the only BJP chief minister who has won three Assembly elections in a row, the Urban Development Minister maintained.
In comparison, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has won two Assembly polls, while his counterpart in Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan has emerged victorious in one election, the BJP leader said.
The former chief minister said appointment of firebrand Hindutva leader Uma Bharti and Prabhat Jha, an ex-MP BJP president, as new vice-presidents will help the party.
"Both of them have been made vice-presidents and this will surely help the BJP," Gaur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing