‘Narendra Modi not more powerful than other BJP CMs’
Bhopal: Induction of Narendra Modi in BJP`s Parliamentary Board does not make him more powerful than other party chief ministers, Madhya Pradesh Minister Babulal Gaur said on Tuesday.
Although the Gujarat strongman has been appointed to the BJP`s highest decision-making body, it does not make him more powerful than other Chief Ministers from the party, Gaur said while talking to a news agency here.
Modi is the sole Chief Minister to be included in the 12-member body by BJP president Rajnath Singh, who announced his new team last weekend.
However, it has to be recognised that Modi is the only BJP chief minister who has won three Assembly elections in a row, the Urban Development Minister maintained.
In comparison, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has won two Assembly polls, while his counterpart in Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan has emerged victorious in one election, the BJP leader said.
The former chief minister said appointment of firebrand Hindutva leader Uma Bharti and Prabhat Jha, an ex-MP BJP president, as new vice-presidents will help the party.
"Both of them have been made vice-presidents and this will surely help the BJP," Gaur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?