Narendra Modi not planning to visit Ayodhya: VHP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Tuesday issued a statement denying reports of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi mulling visiting Ayodhya.
"I have been quoted as commenting on the visit of Narendra Modi. But I am hereby officially refuting any such comment being attributed to me," Sharad Sharma, the regional media in-charge of the VHP in Ayodhya, said in a statement.
Saying that a news agency quoted him out of context regarding the Ayodhya visit of Modi, Sharma added that he did not receive such intimation from the head of Bharatiya Janata Party`s poll campaign panel for the 2014 General Elections.
The 75th birthday of Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, seer and chairman of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas, is being celebrated in the temple town from June 19 to 22. VHP sources said that invites have been sent to many politicians and VIPs across the country.
The invitees include the Gujarat Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and several central leaders of the BJP.
On Monday, report claimed that Bharatiya Janata Party`s campaign head for 2014 General Elections would visit Ayodhya this week to offer prayers at the disputed site.
A close aide of Nritya Gopal Das, however, told a news agency that Modi has already apologised to the seer for not being able to make it on June 19 for the celebrations.
"Modi ji called up Mahant ji two days back and expressed his inability to come to Ayodhya citing preoccupations," the aide said.
Earlier, the news of Modi`s Ayodhya visit sent the media and political establishment in a tizzy with many pointing out that the Janata Dal-United was correct in parting ways with the BJP, as the saffron outfit was trying to reignite the Ayodhya brand of politics.
Although officially remaining silent on the issue, the state BJP leaders termed as contradictory the media report quoting Sharma and other people on Modi`s Ayodhya visit.
Meanwhile, the BJP is preparing for a big show of strength in UP. The party has organised a jail bharo agitation on June 26, 28 and 30. Thousands of party workers and leaders, including Rajnath Singh and UP incharge Amit Shah, will court arrest in protest against the “anti-people” policies of the state and the Union governments, BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak informed.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears