Narendra Modi on course to becoming PM, show surveys
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The results of two opinion polls released on Friday have come as a good news for the BJP, and a warning bell for the ruling Congress.
The surveys - one conducted by an English news channel and CSDS, while the other conducted by a leading magazine and C-Voter - show that BJP`s Narendra Modi is on course to becoming the next prime minister of India.
The BJP-led National Democratic Alliance could win as many as between 211 to 231 seats in the Lok Sabha elections due May, while the party itself may end up with 180 or more seats. One of the polls put the seat tally for the BJP at an upper projection limit of 210 - which would be its best tally ever.
On the other hand, the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance appears headed for a rout, predicted to win only around 130 seats. The UPA is projected to garner between 107-127 seats.
The Congress, in what may come as a shock, could end up with less than 100 seats - it would be the first time when the Congress` tally will get reduced to two-digits.
As per the surveys, regional players like the AIADMK, the TDP, the TRS and the BJD are likely to bag over combined 50 seats. That is good news for Modi as all of these parties are potential BJP allies.
Meanwhile, the Aam Aadmi Party is not seen emerging as a dominant force in the General Elections.
Its stellar performance in the Delhi Assembly Elections is likely to be repeated in the Lok Sabha polls as well, but the same will be restricted to the NCR region.
The CSDS survey also shows that Narendra Modi continues to be the top choice for the prime minister`s post -- much ahead of Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016