Narendra Modi on same route as Hitler: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) on Saturday criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying he is on the same route as former German dictator Adolf Hitler and would not allow any other person to flourish or develop ahead of him.
Samajwadi Party leader Kamal Farooqi said Modi would very soon sideline BJP president Rajnath Singh as well.
"He is becoming very powerful and time is not very far away when even Rajnath Singh would be sidelined by him. He will bulldoze all other people whosoever comes (in his way)," said Farooqi.
"Primarily, if you read the German episode, he is on the same route in fact what Hitler was doing, he will not allow any other person to flourish or develop in front of him and he will hold that kind of position," he added.
Farooqi said it is his personal opinion that a rift exists within the BJP since 2002 itself as even the leaders of the main opposition party had had not liked the attitude of Modi.
"The way he has handled not only the Muslim programme in Gujarat, but even afterwards the kind of an authoritarian attitude, which he is taking, sidelining every other person be it from the RSS or a `parivar`, be it from the VHP or Bajrang Dal he was sidelining all those people in fact. So, the rift was very much there. But now the rift has come out in the open that is the difference and it has come out so openly now that Advaniji and all other people, Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Sahab (Jaswant Singh), Prasad Sahab (Ravi Shankar Prasad), Uma Bharti, all these people they have specifically remained outside this," said Farooqi.
"Now, it will be very difficult for Rajnath Singh in the absence of these personalities to give an important position to Modi, and if at all he goes on because Modi is good in creating pressures. Unfortunately or fortunately for him, he was won the recent six elections in Gujarat, so it has also added to his might," he added.
Modi`s role in the next Lok Sabha polls is expected to be the dominant theme of the BJP National Executive meet. There has been a strong demand from some sections of the BJP for declaring Modi as the campaign committee head.
Ahead of the BJP national executive meet, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parikkar had come out strongly in support of Modi, and said that the latter should lead the BJP`s election campaign.
BJP vice president Smriti Irani, however, yesterday said that the Parliamentary Board of the party would take a final decision on whether Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would head the party`s poll panel.
"Well, we all know what the Goa Chief Minister wants, we all know what the nation wants and what the workers want. But let me humbly remind you as the office bearer of Bharatiya Janata Party that ultimately our national president Rajnathji has said that we all have to wait and see what the parliamentary board wants," said Irani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested