Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Premji chooses to steer clear of controversy
Bangalore: Whose development model -- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s or Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s -- he thinks will work for India? Well, IT czar Azim Premji clearly chose to duck the "googly" and steer clear of any controversy.
When a reporter wanted to know his views on "what model will really work for India" in the context of the debate over the "development agenda" of Modi and Rahul, the chairman of Wipro Ltd refused to offer any comment.
With a mischievous smile, he said: "No, I don`t want to express any views because that (my comments) will be the headline of this entire press conference (convened to announce the financial results of the company)", evoking peals of laughter in the hall, which also had scores of Wipro employees.
To another question, he said Government was implementing majority of reforms but the areas causing a little concern related to large projects -- the inter-ministerial committee on large projects can move faster on large projects in terms of execution which would have important "filter-down effect".
He also hoped that "election distraction" does not set in "earlier than it`s required", noting that General Elections are a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe