Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Premji chooses to steer clear of controversy
Bangalore: Whose development model -- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s or Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s -- he thinks will work for India? Well, IT czar Azim Premji clearly chose to duck the "googly" and steer clear of any controversy.
When a reporter wanted to know his views on "what model will really work for India" in the context of the debate over the "development agenda" of Modi and Rahul, the chairman of Wipro Ltd refused to offer any comment.
With a mischievous smile, he said: "No, I don`t want to express any views because that (my comments) will be the headline of this entire press conference (convened to announce the financial results of the company)", evoking peals of laughter in the hall, which also had scores of Wipro employees.
To another question, he said Government was implementing majority of reforms but the areas causing a little concern related to large projects -- the inter-ministerial committee on large projects can move faster on large projects in terms of execution which would have important "filter-down effect".
He also hoped that "election distraction" does not set in "earlier than it`s required", noting that General Elections are a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest