Narendra Modi practising Muslim appeasement: Congress
Ahmedabad: In a fresh twist to the ongoing slugfest between itself and BJP, Congress on Tuesday alleged that in his bid to realise his prime ministerial dreams, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had embarked on a "Muslim appeasement" policy.
"Whenever Congress does anything for the minority community, we are accused of appeasement. But to obtain votes, this government has started a policy of Muslim appeasement," alleged the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, Shankarsinh Vaghela.
"Modi has released his picture with Champaner Masjid in the background..." Vaghela said.
He alleged that BJP was leaving no stone unturned in driving a wedge between the Hindu and Muslim communities with a view to garnering maximum votes.
"Muzaffarnagar (in Uttar Pradesh) is the best example of it," Vaghela said.
Vaghela said the blasts at Bodhgaya and at the venue for Modi`s rally in Patna should be investigated thoroughly.
"I believe there is something suspicious as some Hindus are found to be accused in the case..." he said.
The crime rate has gone up under Modi`s rule and "women and children in the state are living under fear", Vaghela further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family