Narendra Modi practising Muslim appeasement: Congress
Ahmedabad: In a fresh twist to the ongoing slugfest between itself and BJP, Congress on Tuesday alleged that in his bid to realise his prime ministerial dreams, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had embarked on a "Muslim appeasement" policy.
"Whenever Congress does anything for the minority community, we are accused of appeasement. But to obtain votes, this government has started a policy of Muslim appeasement," alleged the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, Shankarsinh Vaghela.
"Modi has released his picture with Champaner Masjid in the background..." Vaghela said.
He alleged that BJP was leaving no stone unturned in driving a wedge between the Hindu and Muslim communities with a view to garnering maximum votes.
"Muzaffarnagar (in Uttar Pradesh) is the best example of it," Vaghela said.
Vaghela said the blasts at Bodhgaya and at the venue for Modi`s rally in Patna should be investigated thoroughly.
"I believe there is something suspicious as some Hindus are found to be accused in the case..." he said.
The crime rate has gone up under Modi`s rule and "women and children in the state are living under fear", Vaghela further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail