Narendra Modi practising Muslim appeasement: Congress
Ahmedabad: In a fresh twist to the ongoing slugfest between itself and BJP, Congress on Tuesday alleged that in his bid to realise his prime ministerial dreams, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had embarked on a "Muslim appeasement" policy.
"Whenever Congress does anything for the minority community, we are accused of appeasement. But to obtain votes, this government has started a policy of Muslim appeasement," alleged the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, Shankarsinh Vaghela.
"Modi has released his picture with Champaner Masjid in the background..." Vaghela said.
He alleged that BJP was leaving no stone unturned in driving a wedge between the Hindu and Muslim communities with a view to garnering maximum votes.
"Muzaffarnagar (in Uttar Pradesh) is the best example of it," Vaghela said.
Vaghela said the blasts at Bodhgaya and at the venue for Modi`s rally in Patna should be investigated thoroughly.
"I believe there is something suspicious as some Hindus are found to be accused in the case..." he said.
The crime rate has gone up under Modi`s rule and "women and children in the state are living under fear", Vaghela further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day