Narendra Modi required by both BJP and JD(U): Rudy
Patna: Notwithstanding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s antipathy towards Narendra Modi, the BJP on Thursday said that the Gujarat Chief Minister was required by his party and ally JD(U) to improve prospects in the general elections in Bihar and elsewhere in the country.
"Modi is required by the JD(U) as much the BJP if the NDA seeks to improve prospects in the general elections," BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters in reply to a question.
Asked if Modi would be invited to campaign for NDA candidates in Bihar, Rudy replied "Modi and any other NDA chief minister should campaign in any state if their services are required to tilt the scale in favour of the NDA candidates in the general elections."
About the outcome of Maharajganj Lok Sabha bypoll in which the massive defeat of the NDA came as a huge surprise to all, Rudy accepted that it was the defeat of the entire NDA and not that of the JD(U) alone.
Amid the blame game going on between the two allies over the Maharajganj Lok Sabha bypoll results, the senior BJP leader claimed that there were no cracks between the BJP and JD(U) as one defeat could not be cited as an indicator of rift between the two parties.
On the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, the senior BJP leader reiterated that the party`s parliamentary board would decide on the matter at an appropriate time.
He said that BJP president Rajnath Singh would send a `clear cut message` at its national executive meeting in Goa later this week about the party leadership under which it would contest the next general elections.
The BJP leader took immense satisfaction over the party`s victory in four assembly and two Lok Sabha bypolls in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday