Narendra Modi required by both BJP and JD(U): Rudy
Patna: Notwithstanding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s antipathy towards Narendra Modi, the BJP on Thursday said that the Gujarat Chief Minister was required by his party and ally JD(U) to improve prospects in the general elections in Bihar and elsewhere in the country.
"Modi is required by the JD(U) as much the BJP if the NDA seeks to improve prospects in the general elections," BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters in reply to a question.
Asked if Modi would be invited to campaign for NDA candidates in Bihar, Rudy replied "Modi and any other NDA chief minister should campaign in any state if their services are required to tilt the scale in favour of the NDA candidates in the general elections."
About the outcome of Maharajganj Lok Sabha bypoll in which the massive defeat of the NDA came as a huge surprise to all, Rudy accepted that it was the defeat of the entire NDA and not that of the JD(U) alone.
Amid the blame game going on between the two allies over the Maharajganj Lok Sabha bypoll results, the senior BJP leader claimed that there were no cracks between the BJP and JD(U) as one defeat could not be cited as an indicator of rift between the two parties.
On the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, the senior BJP leader reiterated that the party`s parliamentary board would decide on the matter at an appropriate time.
He said that BJP president Rajnath Singh would send a `clear cut message` at its national executive meeting in Goa later this week about the party leadership under which it would contest the next general elections.
The BJP leader took immense satisfaction over the party`s victory in four assembly and two Lok Sabha bypolls in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack