Narendra Modi right choice for meeting aspirations of youth: Goa CM
New Delhi: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi was the "right choice" for meeting the aspirations of the nation`s youth but stopped short of calling him a prime ministerial candidate.
"No, I am not saying that. At the moment he (Modi) is only leader of the (BJP) campaign. To attract the campaign the leader has to be attractive. Prime Minister is chosen by MPs and not by the party," Parrikar said when asked whether he saw Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
He said people of the country have expectations from Modi to deliver.
"Based on the feedback that I have got all I can say is that Modi is considered as a person for development and governance," he said.
"I feel that Narendra Modi is the right choice for (meeting) the aspirations and support from youth in the country," said Parrikar, who has been a strong supporter of Modi, who was declared as the chief of the BJP`s campaign for next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Asked about his remarks in a section of the media that the post-Godhra riots were an example of bad administration, Parrikar said, "It was an example of bad reporting."
On the Uttarakhand floods, the chief minister said Goa has already announced aid of Rs 5 crore towards relief and would also adopt one or two villages for complete rehabilitation after consultation with the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader