Narendra Modi right choice for meeting aspirations of youth: Goa CM
New Delhi: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi was the "right choice" for meeting the aspirations of the nation`s youth but stopped short of calling him a prime ministerial candidate.
"No, I am not saying that. At the moment he (Modi) is only leader of the (BJP) campaign. To attract the campaign the leader has to be attractive. Prime Minister is chosen by MPs and not by the party," Parrikar said when asked whether he saw Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
He said people of the country have expectations from Modi to deliver.
"Based on the feedback that I have got all I can say is that Modi is considered as a person for development and governance," he said.
"I feel that Narendra Modi is the right choice for (meeting) the aspirations and support from youth in the country," said Parrikar, who has been a strong supporter of Modi, who was declared as the chief of the BJP`s campaign for next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Asked about his remarks in a section of the media that the post-Godhra riots were an example of bad administration, Parrikar said, "It was an example of bad reporting."
On the Uttarakhand floods, the chief minister said Goa has already announced aid of Rs 5 crore towards relief and would also adopt one or two villages for complete rehabilitation after consultation with the state government.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative