Narendra Modi right choice for meeting aspirations of youth: Goa CM
New Delhi: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi was the "right choice" for meeting the aspirations of the nation`s youth but stopped short of calling him a prime ministerial candidate.
"No, I am not saying that. At the moment he (Modi) is only leader of the (BJP) campaign. To attract the campaign the leader has to be attractive. Prime Minister is chosen by MPs and not by the party," Parrikar said when asked whether he saw Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
He said people of the country have expectations from Modi to deliver.
"Based on the feedback that I have got all I can say is that Modi is considered as a person for development and governance," he said.
"I feel that Narendra Modi is the right choice for (meeting) the aspirations and support from youth in the country," said Parrikar, who has been a strong supporter of Modi, who was declared as the chief of the BJP`s campaign for next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Asked about his remarks in a section of the media that the post-Godhra riots were an example of bad administration, Parrikar said, "It was an example of bad reporting."
On the Uttarakhand floods, the chief minister said Goa has already announced aid of Rs 5 crore towards relief and would also adopt one or two villages for complete rehabilitation after consultation with the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco