Narendra Modi slams politicians for ignoring Indian `culture`
Ahmedabad: Emphasising the need to inculcate values in youth to control social evils, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said traditional Indian value-based systems have been painted in "secular" and "non-secular" garb.
Inaugurating a youth training centre of Brahma Kumaris here today, Modi spoke on recent crimes against women. "To save society from such evils, we should inculcate Indian values and culture in our youth," Modi said.
"If our culture is capable, energetic and progressive, social evils can be minimised. If values and culture are given prominence, then evils can be controlled," he said.
"However, in these times, value-based education systems like yoga are being weighed in terms of secularism and non-secularism," Modi said.
"Politicians involved in vote-bank politics have committed a sin by ignoring Indian culture. History will seek answers from them," he said.
He also took on those criticising Gujarat, saying, "The prime minister today presented an award for excellence in public administration in the organisation category, for Gujarat`s skill development programme. This award has shut the mouths of those trying to defame Gujarat and spread lies about the state."
The Gujarat government`s Directorate of Employment and
Training was today honoured with the PM`s award for excellence in public administration in organisation category.
Talking about the importance of skill development, Modi listed various initiatives taken by his government to develop skills among the youth.
In a lighter vein, Modi said the only profession where one do not require any skill or training is politics. "Politicians think that they do not require any training," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...