Narendra Modi slips to fourth spot in Time`s `Person of the Year` poll
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It appears that BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi`s dedicated cyber army, which has made the Gujarat Chief Minister a formidable force in the internet world, is losing its edge.
Days after being chosen by the prestigious Time magazine as one of the front-runners for its `Person of the Year` poll, Modi has now slipped to fourth position, as per reports.
As per the Time`s website, Egypt`s Army Chief Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is leading the online poll with 19.8% votes. He is being closely followed by Turkey PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has garnered 18.9% votes.
Singer-actress Miley Cyrus is giving a tough challenge to the Turkish PM, as she has secured 18.8% votes.
The firebrand BJP leader is at the fourth position with 16.6% votes in his favour.
Time has shortlisted 42 global leaders, entrepreneurs and celebrities for its `Person of the Year 2013` and will announce the winner next month.
Time has added Twitter this year to encourage more participation and broaden the horizon.
Voting for favourite nominees ended at the midnight on December 4.
It would be interesting to see if Modi, already a hot favourite, manages to unseat others in becoming the `Person of the Year 2013` when the final results are declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das