Narendra Modi slips to fourth spot in Time`s `Person of the Year` poll
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It appears that BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi`s dedicated cyber army, which has made the Gujarat Chief Minister a formidable force in the internet world, is losing its edge.
Days after being chosen by the prestigious Time magazine as one of the front-runners for its `Person of the Year` poll, Modi has now slipped to fourth position, as per reports.
As per the Time`s website, Egypt`s Army Chief Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is leading the online poll with 19.8% votes. He is being closely followed by Turkey PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has garnered 18.9% votes.
Singer-actress Miley Cyrus is giving a tough challenge to the Turkish PM, as she has secured 18.8% votes.
The firebrand BJP leader is at the fourth position with 16.6% votes in his favour.
Time has shortlisted 42 global leaders, entrepreneurs and celebrities for its `Person of the Year 2013` and will announce the winner next month.
Time has added Twitter this year to encourage more participation and broaden the horizon.
Voting for favourite nominees ended at the midnight on December 4.
It would be interesting to see if Modi, already a hot favourite, manages to unseat others in becoming the `Person of the Year 2013` when the final results are declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy