Narendra Modi speaks with ex-US House Speaker through video-conference
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday interacted with former US House Speaker Newton Leroy Gingrich through video-conferencing.
"He (Gingrich) talked about his pro-growth policies and what we can learn from his (Modi`s) successes here and perhaps replicate and implement in the US," Aaron Schock, a Republican member of the House of Representatives, told reporters here.
Republican members of the US House of Representatives Aaron Schock, Cynthia Lummis and Cathy M Rodgers besides NRI Shalabh Kumar and other members of the business delegation currently on a tour of Gujarat, were present during the conference.
Gingrich told Modi that he looked forward to the Chief Minister`s visit to America following the fruitful meeting with the latter over video-conferencing, an official statement said.
Modi invited Gingrich along with other Republican Party members to participate in the next biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors` Summit-2015, it said.
Replying to a media query on the legitimacy of their visit to India, Schock said, "I would say three members of Congress do not lead the country...perhaps some people do not agree with what we are saying here. But, as members of Congress we have right to come here."
Schock was all praise for the Modi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city