Narendra Modi speaks with ex-US House Speaker through video-conference
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday interacted with former US House Speaker Newton Leroy Gingrich through video-conferencing.
"He (Gingrich) talked about his pro-growth policies and what we can learn from his (Modi`s) successes here and perhaps replicate and implement in the US," Aaron Schock, a Republican member of the House of Representatives, told reporters here.
Republican members of the US House of Representatives Aaron Schock, Cynthia Lummis and Cathy M Rodgers besides NRI Shalabh Kumar and other members of the business delegation currently on a tour of Gujarat, were present during the conference.
Gingrich told Modi that he looked forward to the Chief Minister`s visit to America following the fruitful meeting with the latter over video-conferencing, an official statement said.
Modi invited Gingrich along with other Republican Party members to participate in the next biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors` Summit-2015, it said.
Replying to a media query on the legitimacy of their visit to India, Schock said, "I would say three members of Congress do not lead the country...perhaps some people do not agree with what we are saying here. But, as members of Congress we have right to come here."
Schock was all praise for the Modi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- French giants, Paris Saint-Germain announce the appointment of Unai Emery as new coach
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week