Narendra Modi takes voters as `customers`, bargains accordingly: JD-U
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi considered Indian voters to be his customers and bargains accordingly.
"Narendra Modi considers the Indian voters as his customers and bargains accordingly.
He has no control over his thought or speech. And I feel this is going to be very damaging for the BJP," he said while referring to Modi`s address at his Jhansi rally.
While persuading voters to vote for the BJP in the next election, Modi on Friday said in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh that the Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party and the Congress have destroyed Uttar Pradesh.
"The Congress`s arrogance, the Samajwadi Party`s dynastic politics and the BSP`s personality cult can`t fulfill the people`s aspirations. ... The trinity of SABKA (SA: Samajwadi Party, B: Bahujan Samaj Party, KA: Congress) has destroyed Uttar Pradesh," he said.
Urging the people to vote for the BJP, Modi said that his party would change the face of the country if given 60 months of service at the Centre in a way that the Congress` 60 years of power could not imagine.
BJP president Rajnath Singh and senior party member Uma Bharti were also present at the party`s election campaign rally in Jhansi on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand