Narendra Modi taking credit for works done by Gujarati people: Chavan
New Delhi: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday sought to puncture the development card of his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi, saying it was "not fair for one person" to take credit for the work of the entire Gujarati people, known for their enterprising nature.
"The credit for the development of Gujarat goes to the industrious nature of the Gujarati people, who have also contributed substantially to development all around including in Maharashtra as also in London and the United States. One man taking credit for the work of the Gujarati people is not fair" Chavan told reporters.
Modi, who is the BJP`s face in the next Lok Sabha polls, has often sought to take credit for the development of Gujarat under his tenure and organised "Vibrant Gujarat" conventions to showcase the progress and attract investment in the state.
Chavan, who is a senior Congress leader, also wanted Modi to articulate his views on how to deal with Pakistan as also how to address the problems confronting the economy at a time when it was facing a crisis due to the slowdown.
"Modi should articulate his Pakistan policy, his economic policy and his akhand bharat policy," Chavan said suggesting that the Gujarat Chief Minister only excels in the art of criticising his detractors and does not reveal his policy on key issues facing the nation.
Chavan`s remarks were significant as they came on a day
when Modi virtually launched the BJP`s campaign in the South at a rally in Hyderabad by tearing into the UPA government`s functioning, accusing it of being unable to provide national security to citizens.
Raking up the incident of Pakistan violating cease fire and killing soldiers, Modi said that when soldiers were beheaded earlier this year, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh assured that a repeat will not be allowed.
"I ask the PM, what now," he hit out.
Modi mocked at External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s visit to China and his welcoming Pakistan`s delegation in Jaipur.
He questioned the protocol that compelled the minister to honour the two nations after repeated tension between the neighbours.
Chavan said that Modi would not have had any impact in Maharashtra in the Lok Sabha polls and the Congress-NCP will maintain their dominance in the 48 seats.
At present, the two parties together have 25 seats and two independent MPs from the state also support the UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'